On October 24, in the main event of UFC 254, undefeated superstar and reigning Lightweight Champion, Khabib “The Eagle” Nurmagomedov, is set to take on fan-favorite Justin “The Highlight” Gaethje after he dismantled Tony “El Cucuy” Ferguson at UFC 249 to claim the interim lightweight title.
DraftKings Sportsbook has listed the current champion, Numagomedov, as a -335 favorite with the challenger and interim champion, Gaethje, coming back as a +270 underdog. In typical DraftKings fashion, they have upped the ante for first-time depositors with a great promotion.
DraftKings Bet $1, Win $100 Promotion
With Nurmagomedov and Gaethje set to crown the true lightweight champion in the main event for UFC 254, DraftKings is offering a fantastic opportunity to new coming users.
Here is how it works:
- Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app or visit the website (desktop).
- The promotion is for first-time depositors only.
- The promotion period is from 10/19/20 to 10/27/20.
- Make a deposit of $5 or more into your Sportsbook account.
- Following your deposit, visit the landing page from the promo page and select your game by clicking ‘BOOST THIS EVENT‘ next to UFC 254 Main Event Khabib Nurmagomedov – Justin Gaethje.
- Pick wisely, you CANNOT change your boosted game once you have clicked ‘BOOST THIS EVENT’.
- Following your selection, you will be issued with a single-use odds boost to choose either Nurmagomedov or Gaethje. The boost is for +10,000 (100:1) odds for either fighter to win the fight.
- Make sure you have made your qualifying deposit first and are logged in when you choose your event. Refresh if the boost does not appear at first.
- Apply your boost to the fighter in the matchup you want by adding that side’s money line to your betslip and applying the boost. Your FIRST bet with the boost is your qualifying bet.
- Max bet $1.
- 1 bet per user.
- Excludes live bets, parlays, cash-out bets, free bets, and voided bets.
- Must be in CO, PA, IN, IA, NJ, IL or WV.
- Honestly, it is that easy.
Looking At The Odds
Now that you know how to play, and more importantly, win, let’s discuss the actual fight and the odds.
For those of you that follow MMA, I am sure it comes as no surprise that the No. 2 pound-for-pound fighter in the world, Khabib, is the odds on favorite at the window. This is nothing new, as the Dagestan product has had a minus sign next to his betting odds in 10 straight fights, each of which he won as he carries a perfect 28-0 record; however, the -335 line represents one of the shortest odds over The Eagle’s last 10 bouts.
That said, for as often as Nurmagomedov is the favorite walking towards the octagon, Gaethje is used to playing the role of underdog. Justin has been an underdog in five of his seven UFC fights and has a sparkling record of 5-2 in those bouts. The question is, is the Arizona native worth a shot in this monumental fight?
The Highlight’s knockout win over Ferguson at UFC 249 gave Gaethje nine performance bonuses in seven UFC bouts. That is absolutely incredible and a testament to the type of fighter Justin really is.
At 22-2, with 19 wins by knockout, one by submission, and his only two losses also being knockouts, Gaethje has shown outstanding striking with powerful leg kicks and sharp boxing. He is going to bring the fight to Khabib, there is no doubt about it.
The hard part here, he is fighting arguably the greatest wrestler in the UFC today in Khabib and he may find himself being dragged into some really deep waters as the fight progresses into the later rounds.
This will be a fight for the ages, but bet your $1 on Khabi Nurmagomedov and walk away with a cool $100 by using the DraftKings Sportsbook boost.