Get ready, Nashville! The State of Tennessee stands just weeks away from launching legal sports betting in 2020.
Soon, sports fans located physically in the Volunteer State will be able to wager while anywhere within the state’s borders on TN sports betting apps. You will be able to wager on your smartphone or any of your other Internet-connected devices.
Tennessee legalized sports betting in May 2019 and a launch date of November 1, 2020, appears targeted. Anyone who is at least 21 years of age and is physically within the state of Tennessee can bet.
This means you will soon have access to DraftKings Sportsbook App, Tennessee, which is considered the industry-leading online sports betting platform.
As a bonus, DraftKings Sportsbook, one of the most well-known and reputable brands in the biz, offers $50 in free bets for everyone who registers and verifies their account.
Here is more of what you need to know about sports betting in Tennessee:
DraftKings Sportsbook offers dozens of American and international sports for users to bet on. Many different bet types are unique to DraftKings, such as live, in-game betting, Sportsbook Pools, and Teasers+.
TN sports wagering will begin when the state authorizes and vets sportsbooks who apply for licensure. The only restriction is you will not be able to make in-play wagers on collegiate events.
Registering for Bets
- Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook Website: click the link and get started as simple as it sounds.
- Claim Your First Promotion: currently, DraftKings is offering $50 in free bets when you sign-up before they go live. So, act now!
- Create an Account: username, email, password, and any additional promo code you may have.
- Deposit Money: as easy as it gets, just put in your credit card information or login to your bank for a truly secure experience.
- Make Your First Bet: now, you are ready to find a line that you like, or better yet, some of their promos or the fan-favorite “odds boost” and lock in your first bet!
Essentially, that’s it. You are on your way to turning your first $50 into some real cold hard cash. Winnings are instantly paid out when the game/bet is over, and you can withdraw your money at any time. There are no hidden rules or tricks you need to worry about. This is one of the things that makes the DraftKings Sportsbook the best mobile app for sports betting.
Screenshots of the DraftKings Sportsbook App
- Topnotch promotions
- Secure platform
- Variety of betting options
- No hidden fees
- The interface can be hard to navigate
- The odds are not always as good as competitors
- The somewhat complex reward system
Reviews of the DraftKings Sportsbook App
The DraftKings Sportsbook app currently has over 118,000 reviews on iTunes with a 4.8 rating. After pursuing some of the reviews, it appears the two primary complaints are the customer service, and developer response of DraftKings, which you might imagine is likely due to having 10+ million registered users. In any case, the overall opinion of the fans is that the DraftKings Sportsbook s very positive. Any sports fan who likes to wager, whether small or large, needs to have this app in their arsenal.
- Established, American-born company.
- Over 10 million players worldwide.
- Proven, industry-leading technology.
- Quick and easy to withdraw winnings.
- Advanced security makes it the safest sports betting platform.
The DraftKings Sportsbook app offers some of the best bonuses, promotions, and “boosts” in the business. They are currently encouraging people in Tennessee to sign up even before launch. If you do so, you get a free bet of $50 to use when DraftKings goes live. Learn more about the $50 free bet here.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign Up at DraftKings: head on over to the DraftKings Sportsbook App Tennessee, download it, and sign up.
- Get a $50 FREE BET when living in TN: once you sign up, you automatically qualify and immediately receive a $50 credit to use when the site goes live. Once betting goes live in Tennessee, feel free to use that credit on any of the plethoras of betting options offered by DraftKings. Keep in mind, and this offer will expire once DraftKings goes live, so make sure to go ahead and make your account ahead of time to take full advantage. Literally, free money for simply creating an account.
- No Promo Code Needed – Use Our Link
This offer doesn’t even begin to include all the other promotions included as part of the app’s normal use. These come in various forms, allowing you to win extra money, tease the line a few points in your favor, or even make bets for FREE.
DraftKings Sportsbook $1,000 Promotion for Tennessee (Upon Launch)
DraftKings will also be offering $1,000 in bonuses to new users once betting goes live in November; however, if you create your account pre-launch, don’t worry, you will still get access to the $1,000 on top of your bonus of $50 for simply creating an account pre-launch.
I don’t know about you, but I am pumped up just thinking about turning my free $50 credit into some serious cash! So, if you are like me, you are ready to make your first bet. To get started, all you have to do is follow the registration steps above.
To help you newbies out there understand the gambling lingo and betting slang, here’s some terminology you should be familiar with:
- Spread: Short for the point spread, which is the number of points a team is the favorite/underdog by.
- Example: The #14 Tennessee Volunteers were +12 against the undefeated #4 Georgie Bulldogs on Saturday, which means they are heavy underdogs. So, if you bet the Volunteers, you get 12 points. If the Bulldogs win by 11 or less, you win! 12 would be a push.
- Over/Under: A term that can be used to describe the total combined points in a game
- Example: The Volunteers/Bulldogs over/under was set at 43 points or the number of games a team will win in a season (the Volunteers’, with a COVID-shortened season, has their over/under win total at 4). The total was well over 43, so those that took the over cashed. Also used in prop bets.
- Money Line: A bet in which your team only needs to win. Odds replace the point spread.
- Example: The Volunteers were +400, which meant if you took them to win ‘straight-up’ and they were able to hold on, you would have won $400 on a $100 bet.
The most commonly used and primary ways to bet are as follows:
- Bet on the spread.
- Take the over or under.
- Pick a team to win based on the money line.
Take the over, or under
We are coming to your state very soon.
If you sign up right now, you'll receive a $50 FREE BET once we are live! pic.twitter.com/Hc3EHpSG2V
— DraftKings Sportsbook (@DKSportsbook) October 8, 2020
It is not rocket science, but do your homework before you start betting your rent money!
Anyone can “watch” a game, but when you throw a wager on it, you tend to consume it much much differently. Now, with the DraftKings Sportsbook App Tennessee coming, it is sure to create another level of excitement for fans. My advice is to take advantage of the promotions and make small wagers better understand how betting works. Try to take the emotion out of the decision and always bet with an informed conscience.
DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee History
In April 2019, the Tennessee Legislature passed a bill legalizing online and mobile sports betting.
On May 25, 2019, Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee issued a statement that said he was returning the bill to the legislature without his signature.
Lee claimed he did not believe online sports betting was in the state’s best interest, but wouldn’t stand in its way. This lack of participation allowed the Tennessee sports betting bill to become state law.
As a result, the Tennessee Education Lottery Corporation and its board created rules to govern sports betting in the state. A Sports Wagering Advisory Council was also created to advise lottery officials.
The Tennessee Lottery’s first draft, released in November 2019, was met with harsh criticism. It included a clause that would force operators to post a mandatory 15% hold, more than double the national average, which was widely panned.
Another clause would have sportsbooks consider the case of a “push” in a parlay bet to be a loss received. It also received heavy criticism.
The mandatory-hold clause has been moved to 5% to resemble the actual market standard more closely. Furthermore, the parlay clause was dropped in favor of the industry standard of adjusting the odds to remove the push.
However, by mid-March, the Tennessee Lottery had still not finalized the rules to govern sports betting. Tennessee lawmakers were considering handing that task over to the Sports Wagering Advisory Council instead.
Either way, the hope is to see Tennessee’s first online and mobile sportsbooks launch in time for football season 2020.
How Tennessee Sports Betting Works
Tennessee sports betting is online and mobile-only.
Tennessee’s new sports betting law prescribes specific rules for sports betting in the state.
- Allows betting on professional and collegiate sports, including motorsports and esports, and the Olympics or other athletic events sanctioned by recognized national or international organizations.
- Allows online and mobile-only sports betting with no casinos to host retail sportsbooks in Tennessee.
- Forces operators to enter into commercial agreements with major sports leagues to purchase data for in-play betting.
- Allows major sports leagues to restrict the types of bets available.
- Institutes a ban on collegiate prop bets.
- Operators are charged a $750,000 annual license fee and a 20% tax on revenue.
DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee Editor’s Review
DraftKings Sportsbook is an excellent option for the casual bettor. It has the best app in the industry, creative betting types such as Pools, and quality info with their Stats Hub. If you need the absolute best odds out there, then DK is probably not for you, but it is definitely worth a shot for everyone else. Download the app and start cashing!
DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee Deposit & Withdraw Options
The deposit process is not only instantaneous, but it’s about as simple as it gets. You can use a credit card, PayPal, or you can use their interface to log into your bank and set up your account, which will allow direct deposits. The deposit minimum for the DraftKings Sportsbook is $5, and if you do deposit the five-spot, you earn the ability to earn up to $500 addition bonus funds in the form of site credits moving forward.
If a bank deposit or credit card isn’t your thing, there are actually several ways to withdraw and deposit money using the DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Bank account
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Prepaid DraftKings car (Play+)
- Casino cage
DraftKings also features a worry-free payout. This basically means your money is secure no matter what happens to DraftKings, the company. So, no matter what happens to DraftKings, your money would be secured using the liability policies DraftKings has in place to protect it. You can rest assured your money will be safe and secure while inside the DraftKings Sportsbook application.
DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee News
DraftKings Sportsbook is already offering pre-registration for its upcoming Tennessee platform. The brand has established itself as one of the top choices for legal sports betting in the US and offers mobile wagering in eight other US states. Tennessee will become the ninth, likely on Nov. 1.
Pre-registering for DraftKings Sportsbook in Tennessee includes a $50 free bet bonus offer. Other welcome bonuses include a 20% deposit match up to $500 and a $500 risk-free bet.
DraftKings Sportsbook Tennessee
- Is it legal to be online in Tennessee?
- How old do you have to be to legally bet online in Tennessee?
- Is DraftKings available in Tennessee?
- Can I bet on the Volunteers using DraftKings in Tennessee?
- Can I get $50 FREE from DraftKings in Tennessee?
According to Tennessee law, you must be 21 years old to register for a mobile sportsbook. Some speculated this age would be 18 but right now it stands at 21 years old. This goes for all types of betting, as you must be at least 21-years-old to legally gamble.
Yes, very soon. The DraftKings mobile app allows you to bet on all sports, it also includes other games. The Tennessee Volunteers are no exception, fans will be able to bet on their favorite team once the app launches in the state.
Yes, DraftKings is running a promotion for a free $50 bet when you pre-register with them. This gives you the opportunity to win some cash, risk-free, as you start your betting journey. This is only one of many promotions and bonuses offered by DraftKings.
DraftKings Tennessee Sportsbook
Name: DraftKings Tennessee Sportsbook
Description: Get ready Nashville, the DraftKings Sportsbook has launched in Tennessee. One of the most popular sports betting apps has now landed in the town of music. Tennessee residents can now legally bet on all of their favorite sports teams using the DraftKings Tennessee Sportsbook.
Operating System: iOS, Android, Windows
Application Category: Game
Author: Matt Eastman
- User Interface
- Ease of Use
The DraftKings sportsbook mobile app for Tennessee is one of the most widely used in the country. With millions of users, DraftKings stands as one of the premier mobile sportsbooks on the market. Player in Tennessee should take advantage of their new player bonuses which can include up to a $1,000 deposit bonus.
- Easy to Use
- Instant deposits/withdraws
- Slowness during peak times